When to Seek Help for Anxiety & Depression
- Do you find yourself feeling overwhelmed and anxious?
- Does anxiety affect your work, your relationships and possibly your health?
- Does uncontrollable anxiety leave you feeling worried, distracted, overly negative or tense?
- Does life simply feel overwhelming?
Anxiety Can Be Difficult to Control
Anxiety can occupy and overwhelm your mind. It can cause a person to repeatedly rehearse events and conversations, diminishing self-confidence and peace of mind. It’s difficult to stay focused and trust yourself when anxiety is in the driver's seat. In fact, anxiety can sometimes feel like a car stuck in a rut, wheels spinning out of control, going nowhere. Otherwise precious time and energy is spent in worry and concern.
In these situations, Dr. Holland can help you manage and prevent anxiety using the latest research-based methods to help you get results quickly, providing tools and strategies that work to bring you relief. With these practical tools, Dr. Holland can help you reduce your reliance on medications, if that is your goal. Anxiety, depression and panic are all very responsive to the treatment approaches that are available today.
Contact Dr. Holland to get help with anxiety today.
Therapy for Depression
- Do you find yourself feeling sad, empty tired, guilty or hopeless. Are you to the point where nothing makes you happy?
- Have you become more isolated or lonely than usual, and feel like you can’t reach out to people?
- Does life seem like more trouble than it’s worth?
Everyone experiences the blues sometimes. But clinical depression is more than just feeling down, unhappy or a sad feeling. Major depression is not a simple emotion. It is a medical disorder that affects more than 10 percent of adults annually. Women are twice as likely to get depression as men.
With depression, you may feel sad and hopeless and you may not understand why you feel this way. Unlike sadness or the blues, depression is actually a biochemical disorder that can affect just about every area of a person's life. Some people with depression may even have had self-destructive or suicidal thoughts. If this is your experience, it is crucial that you seek help.
Contact Dr. Holland to get help with depression today.